Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground golden flax seeds, mixed with 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Finely chop the oats in a food processor and transfer to a medium bowl. Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the margarine, coconut oil,and sugars until fluffy. Beat in the flax seed mixture and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula. Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
For each cookie, drop 1 rounded tablespoonful of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, spacing 1-inch apart (do not flatten dough). Bake until the cookies are lightly golden (cookies will flatten slightly during baking), about 15-17 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to week or freeze for up to a month.