Too much partying this weekend? I know I did… so in case your body needs a reboot this morning here is a really easy green juice recipe. I make mine in the blender, only out of laziness so I don’t have to wash the juicer. If you have a juicer feel free to use it.
If you don’t have a high speed blender, you can strain the pulp using a fine mesh strainer.
The base of the green juice is celery and cilantro. Celery juice when consumed on an empty stomach will help reset your digestive system. Cilantro on the other hand pulls heavy metals and toxins from your body. Pineapple also helps support a healthy digestion, and the oranges provide vitamin C for immune system support.
Blend up a batch and give your system a reboot.
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and halved
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves and steams, packed
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 cup filtered water
- Ice for serving
- Place all the ingredients, except for the ice, in a high speed blender.
- Blend on high or use the juice cycle if your blender has pre-programmed settings.
- Once smooth, strain pulp if desired.
- Serve over ice.
Leave a Reply