Raspberry Almond Baked Oatmeal
Vegan • Gluten-Free • Sugar-Free
Hey there foodies. I’m here settling into the week after a loooong weekend, all the while prepping for some upcoming vacation time. Over the Easter weekend I reached out over Instagram asking who wanted a baked oatmeal recipe, which turned out to be a wise move, because I had so much fruit left over from Easter brunch.
If you’re following me on Instagram, which you totally should be, here is the link to the Chocolate Babka I teased you guys with. Sadly there were no leftovers of that, but… I was smart enough to freeze the second loaf for my upcoming vacay. So back to this Raspberry Almond Baked Oatmeal.
This recipe features President’s Choice Coconut Kefir. Not because its sponsored (it’s not), but simply because it’s a new discovery of mine. And I simply love it. Creamy and tangy, and loaded with probiotics to support gut health.
This recipe comes together really quickly and then hops into the oven for a bake. Its vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. Yet despite being healthy, it’s also warm, comforting, and somewhat more decadent than a bowl of oatmeal. Its fancy oatmeal… It’s also has a firmer, fluffier texture as opposed to the expected mush of oatmeal. Now, I’ll be honest, I like oatmeal and have never had any issues with the texture, but I know that isn’t the case for everyone.
This recipe does take longer to make versus regular oatmeal as it requires a bake, but that works for me. Because while the oatmeal is baking I can pour myself a coffee, grab a book, and settle into my morning. I’ve used raspberries, but you can switch things up and use whatever is in season. This would be fantastic during the summer months with fresh peaches. Apple and cinnamon would make a great fall version, as would sliced plums and ginger.
I like to serve it with extra kefir drizzled over top, but you could also give it a drizzle of maple syrup if you’re looking for a little more sweetness.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk kefir, or coconut milk, plus more for serving
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds, mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 370°F.
- Lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl mix together the flax seeds with 2 tablespoons of water and set aside to thicken.
- Scatter the raspberries across the bottom of the greased baking pan, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, salt, lemon zest, and almonds.
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup, mix together the coconut kefir, water, maple syrup, flax mixture, coconut oil, and extracts.
- Add the wet ingredients to the oats and mix to combine.
- Pour over the raspberries and use a spatula to move around the berries to make sure they are evenly dispersed.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 35-40 minutes until lightly golden and set.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve topped with additional kefir and maple syrup as desired.
Leave a Reply