- 12 ounces vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon arrowroot power (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 2 green cardamon pods
- 4 black peppercorns
- 3/4 inch piece of fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice, Turbinado sugar, or agave
- 1-2 sachets of organic whole leaf black tea (See note)
- 1-2 ounces of espresso (See note)
In a small sauce pan, whisk together the soy milk and arrowroot, set stove to medium heat and bring the mixture to a very gentle simmer.
Using a mortar and pestle lightly crush the cardamon pods and black peppercorns, add to the soy mixture along with the cinnamon stick, ginger and sugar. Simmer for about eight minutes stirring often.
Remove from the heat and add the tea sachet(s) and steep for 5 minutes.
Strain out the tea sachets and spices, reheat if necessary. Pour into warmed mug(s) and top off with espresso. Adjust sweetness according to taste and enjoy.
Tip: If you’d like to dress it up a little, once the soy milk mixtures is done steeping and has been strained it can be refrigerated for up to a day and then steamed with an espresso machines to make it extra frothy and delicious.
Leave a Reply